by Jacques Werth
In trying to learn what we now call the High Probability Selling Paradigm, I found that it works to understand how most people think and/or intuitively react. Security and Reliability are the most important motivations of most people who are ready, willing, and able to satisfy a need that they have. That is usually expressed as:
- I have a problem or need and I know the value of solving it now.
- I don’t want to learn how, or to do it myself.
- I want a reliable solution that will solve my problem.
- I don’t necessarily want the best product or service available.
- I just want something that I’m sure will work.
- I don’t want to be sold on what I already want or to be confused.
- I want to deal with someone I trust and respect.
We call those people “High Probability Prospects.” They make up 0.5 to 2 percent of the market for most products and services. An efficient way to find them is to make prospecting offers to a highly targeted prospecting list.